Tuesday 1 December 2015

An Englishman's home....

Colchester Castle in festive mood
Neither the Castle nor the tree actually originated in England, but we're happy to have them here! I blagged my way into a party there this evening (well, I was sort-of a guest of Colchester Chamber Choir - thanks Amrit!) for the launch of the museum's new brochure. And very glossy it is too.

Baubles and books - Courtesy of the Colchester and Ipswich Museums service
We just don't seem to appreciate the fantastic museum we have in Colchester, housed in a unique (and uniquely historic) building. I reckon I'll be investing in a Castle Pass, so I can pop back during the year. There really is too much to see in one visit. I also believe that if you book the Ice Rink, which is right next to the Castle, you can get discounted entry tickets to the Castle. Sounds like a great day out in town, and if you go on 21st or 22nd. December the Castle is open late (until 7.30).

 It would be rude of me not to include a snap of Colchester Chamber Choir singing in the Castle. Thanks for  the rehearsal music - beautiful - those lucky enough to have tickets for their concert this Sunday at Layer Marney are in for a treat.

Talking of treats, song for today:

The Raconteurs - These Stones Will Shout - Jack White may be a flawed genius, but he is genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment