Friday 6 November 2015

Old progressive..

The vLookup Trio:  Rich Perks (fretless electric
guitar), Andrew Hall (trumpet) and Tom Atherton (percussion).

Very pleased to make it to the Arts Centre last night if only for the last few minutes (the curse of Abellio Greater Anglia fell upon me as I journeyed back from Reading). Nice to see a good crowd enjoying music which, while more challenging than a knees-up, was always, well, musical! Thanks to Alexander Blustin for inviting me. That's the great thing about the Arts Centre; as well as the sell-out comedy shows it continues to put on a very wide range range of artistic endeavours - always worth a look and reasonably-priced.  And look out for more good stuff from Colchester New Music.

Wonderful Wednesdays continues to showcase all sorts of performance at the Arts Centre - I hope to get there next week for Figs in Wigs - 'refreshingly surreal' - and pay what you can! See you there!

Ah ... music... how about PFM, from their 1977 album 'Jet Lag'. Prog-rock when I was 19?! And I've still got the vinyl to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment